Saturday, October 17, 2009

Love Happens

Hubby and I went to see Love Happens this week at our local cineplex. I'd read the reviews and they weren't good. But I liked the movie, and so did hubby.

The movie was promoted as a "romantic dramedy," whatever that is. The romance was not the key issue in the film. It was about how people deal with the death of a loved one; a psychological character study. Not a romance, in my opinion. Although Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart were on the road to becoming "significant others" at the end of the movie, they never kissed until the final scene.

There was humor, which was desperately needed for balance. Best funny scenes:

Aaron stealing the parrot from Martin Sheen's kitchen.
Jennifer and Aaron's confrontationin the men's room

I did not like the epilogue scene tagged on at the end of the movie in which the parrot returned to Martin Sheen after it was set free in the wild. Why was this included? I think it detracted from the sweet finale with Jennifer and Aaron in the flower shop.

No comments: