Thursday, September 01, 2011

Jen's Birthday

I've really gotten lax in my Bible reading lately. Need to focus on what's important and not get too busy "doing stuff." It's so easy to see your schedule start to control you rather than vice versa. I exercise everyday for my physical and mental well being, but I've neglected my spiritual well being.

Today I changed all that. Instead of haphazardly reading the Bible or a devotion for two minutes, I'm going to treat it like a meal and enjoy every bite. Since it's the first day of a new month, I'm reading a chapter of Proverbs each day. Proverbs was written by King Solomon, the wisest king who ever lived. It's about wisdom and knowledge. Today I read chapter one and I really felt God speaking to me in verse 33 "but whoever listens to me (wisdom) will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm." Lately I've been seeking peace and casting my worries on God. This verse was like God was talking straight to my heart. I will live in safety and will have no fear.

I've been reading the gospel of John and today I read chapter six about Jesus being the Bread of Life. Verse 35 -- Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."
And I want to say "Happy Birthday" to my daughter Jennifer. She is 35 years old. We haven't been with her on her birthday since she was 17. This is a wonderful day. We will be having her favorite ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins (pralines and cream ice cream and white cake) and going out to dinner. Jen, you ROCK!

No comments: