Saturday, March 17, 2012

Shooting a Movie Today



I haven't posted much lately because I've been in pre-production on a movie I'm shooting for the Wyoming Short Film Contest. It's been absolutely INSANE! But fun!

Today is the shoot and I'm pretty excited. My movie is a time travel story about a newsboy from Cheyenne, Wyoming in 1912 who travels to the Cheyenne of the future to sell his newspapers. As he explores the town, he experiences the modern amenities of the future such as computers, video games, ipods, kindle,etc.

Hoping to get the majority of the shooting done today and some pick up shots tomorrow. Deadline is April 4! Stay tuned.

8 comments:

Craig Edwards said...

Hope the shoot goes fantastically well and that everyone has a great time! Can't wait to see the results!

Marjorie said...

Good luck and have fun!

Luana Krause said...

Craig: Thanks. I'm home now and totally exhausted. Remind me never to shoot a movie in one day.

Luana Krause said...

Marjorie: Thanks! It was fun, but exhausting.

Belle said...

Sounds wonderful but difficult. I'll be glad to hear all about it.

Jeremy Bates said...

Hope the shoot went well. What kind of camera were you using?

Also, if I may inquire, this sounds like a short so what was the duration?

Luana Krause said...

Belle: Well, the shoot went well but it was exhausting. I haven't started editing yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get some pick up shots.

Luana Krause said...

Hi, Jeremy. I use a Sony Handicam HD camera. And there is a limit to the length. 15 minutes, not counting credits. Thanks for stopping by!