Thursday, April 19, 2012

Q is for Queen



Welcome to the A to Z Blogging Challenge where I will post on a word
featuring a different letter of the alphabet each day of the month of April.
My theme for this challenge is Female TV Characters.



The Queen - "Once Upon a Time"
THE STORY: The world of fairy tales and modern life exist in parallel universes in the town of Storybrooke, Maine. Meet Mr. Gold (Rumpelstiltskin), the owner of a curiosity shop; Mary Margaret Blanchard (Snow White), a school teacher; Ruby (Red Riding Hood), a waitress at Granny's; and David Nolan (Prince Charming), a firefighter. And of course, Regina Mills (the Queen), Mayor of Storybrooke.

UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL: The Queen will stop at nothing to get what she wants. And she wants Snow White dead. The only one who can stop her is Emma Swan, Sheriff of Storybrooke, aka Snow White's daughter.


What's your favorite fairy tale? 

4 comments:

Patricia Stoltey said...

I couldn't get into this show for some reason. Probably too complex for me. You know, parallel universes and all... :D

Luana Krause said...

Patricia: My hubby is the same way. But this show requires a little work on the part of the viewer, to stick with it and see how it unfolds. There are a lot of subtle motifs that help to solve the clues. Not to mention that it's beautifully shot and superbly acted.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I can pick out a favorite fairy tale, but I'm loving the show. All of the fun 'fairybacks', the interweaving plotlines from modern Storybrooke to the land of fairytales. I have to say, I'm waiting for the moment where a major character on the side of good actually starts to believe in the fairytale... and gets to live! ;)

And, of course, a huge shout-out to the talented writing staff, including Jane Espenson.

Craig Edwards said...

I'm so not watching this show I don't even fully know what it is!

Favorite fairy tale...? Gotta be Little Red Riding Hood, as told by my paternal grandma. That is a fairy tale, right?