Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Room



My spare bedroom will be available soon and I can transform it into my dream room. An art studio/office! The room has great light and an eastern exposure.

I want a room where I can have my art supplies available and create to my heart's content. I also want it to serve as an office for my writing and movie projects.

Here's my task list:
Paint the walls
Lay floor tile (You don't want carpet in an art studio. Not practical)
New computer desk (Perhaps an "L" shape with lots of desk area for my computer monitors, printer and writing space)
Book shelves
Floor lamp
Papasan chair (I've always wanted one!)



My shelves will be low so I can use my wall space to hang artwork.



Maybe a decorative table water fountain for relaxation and inspiration.




Don't talk to me about Feng Shui. I'm pretty sure I'll be breaking every rule in the book. I like mirrors and they supposedly bounce the Chi out of your space. Like bullets off Superman's chest.

4 comments:

Dana said...

Sounds wonderful! I would love a room like that. :)

Luana Krause said...

Dana: Thanks! I can hardly wait to get started. Half the fun is in the planning.

Craig Edwards said...

Sounds like a great space!

Luana Krause said...

Craig: Yeah, I can't wait to get started...