Saturday, December 05, 2009

Josh and the Hot Dog


So I'm sitting at the breakfast table eating my cornflakes and reading the paper when I turn the page and there it is. A photo of my nephew Josh, age 7, with a hot dog stuffed in his mouth. I could tell it was him by the black hair and sparkling brown eyes.

This wasn't just a small black and white blurb in the local section. It was a huge full-color spread! Josh was at the Boys and Girls Club of Cheyenne where members of the Wyoming National Guard fed more than 100 kids a dinner of hot dogs, chicken, baked beans and cookies.

When Josh and his family come to my house for dinner, I serve Josh's favorites: mashed potatoes and anything with sugar in it. It would be an understatement to say that Josh is hyperactive, but he moves so fast he makes a hummingbird look like a turtle.

The cool thing about Josh right now is that his front teeth are missing and he has two fangs that lend him the appearance of a vampire. But those teeth are perfect for biting into a hot dog.

Way to go, Josh!

No comments: