Monday, January 04, 2010

Reading Max Lucado

Time for a spiritual boost. I went to the library to check out some books to read on our trip to Pennsylvania. Max Lucado's writings are just what the doctor ordered. I've got "Facing Your Giants," "Cure for the Common Life," and "Every Day Deserves a Chance."

Here's an excerpt from "Every Day". . . try this on for size:

We sabotage our day, wiring it for disaster, lugging along yesterday's troubles, downloading tomorrow's struggles. Remorse over the past, anxiety over the future. We aren't giving the day a chance. How can we? What can we do? Here's my proposal: consult Jesus. The Ancient of Days has something to say about our days.

Saturate your days with GRACE: "I tell you the solemn truth," replied Jesus, "this very day you will be with me in paradise." Luke 23:43

Entrust your day to his OVERSIGHT: "Give us day by day our daily bread." Luke 11:3

Accept his DIRECTION: "If any of you want to be my followers, you must forget about yourself. You must take up your cross each day and follow me." Luke 9:23

Grace. Oversight. Direction. (G-O-D).

No comments: