Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Searching for the best...

...creamy potato soup in the universe. Went to Applebees for dinner a few weeks ago and ordered the creamy potato cheddar soup. FANTASTIC! Ever since I've been wanting to make my own. I've been searching recipes online and found a couple of possibilities.


My sister-in-law Marsha is the family soup queen. She makes soups of all kinds and they are delicious. When we saw her in January (she lives in PA we live in WY), she made some chicken noodle soup that really hit the spot. Nothing like hot soup on a winter's day.


2 comments:

Kathleen said...

My favorite soup in the world, one I haven't been able to equal in my own kitchen, is the Olive Garden's Toscana soup, which is a potato soup with parmesan and sausage. Last time we went, on my birthday, I filled up on the soup and had them pack my entree to go. I was way too happy.

Luana Krause said...

Hi, Kathleen: Olive Garden's Toscana soup is our favorite, too. We searched high and low for the recipe, but it's unatainalbe unless you can bribe your local Olive Garden chef. I found some recipes online that were rip offs of the original, but they didn't compare.