Friday, November 25, 2011

Movies on My Wish List

As an avid movie buff, I have a large collection of movies in my personal library. However, there are still quite a few I would like to own.
The Godfather (Best Movie Ever)

Butterflies are Free (I love Goldie Hawn in this flick. A funny story with a serious message)

Year of the Dog (an off the wall story of a lonely dog lover who goes crazy)

Hannah and Her Sisters (One of my favorite Woody Allen flicks. I have no idea why I don't have this movie. I guess it slipped through the cracks)

The Nanny Diaries (read the book, loved the movie)

Sex and the City: The Movie (I laughed, I cried, I wanted to kill Big!)

I'm Not Rappaport (One of Walter Matthau's best performances)

Fatal Attraction (O, what a tangled web we weave...)

Spider-Man (First movie...the best)

Phone Booth (Colin Farrell. Enough said)

Lilies of the Field (Uplifting, inspiring classic. One of Sidney Poitier's best!)

No Country for Old Men (Not everyone's cup of tea...but Josh Brolin is amazing!)

2 comments:

Craig Edwards said...

That's a very solid list. I only own one movie you listed - care to guess? I have tended not to own movies that were readily available in your local video store - the Hollywood blockbuster sitting on the shelf at Blockbuster - because if someone really wanted to watch one of those - you could always go rent it - so I wanted to own the weird stuff that you marvel actually played theaters and drive-ins - but with those video stores going the way of the cuckoo, my strategy has ended up not working well. Interesting - as I could never had conceived of a time when there WOULDN'T be video stores on every block...

Luana Krause said...

Craig: Is it The Godfather? Second choice would be Spider-Man.

I ony buy movies that I would watch over and over again. That's my rule.

As for the future of VHS, I'm thinking DVDs are going to be obsolete soon due to Internet streaming.