Wednesday, December 21, 2011

10 Things I Love About Christmas



1: Jesus Birthday -- The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14)

2:  Christmas cards -- I love giving them and I love receiving them. I like the ones with beautiful designs.

3: Christmas movies -- The Homecoming: A Christmas Story, Charlie Brown Christmas, The Perfect Gift, A Christmas Carol, How the Grinch Stole Christmas...

4: Christmas candy and cookies -- I miss my grandma's Bourbon Balls and Million Dollar Fudge, and my mom's Butterscotch Yule Log.

5: Christmas carols -- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen; Angels We Have Heard on High; Carol of the Bells; Good King Wenceslas, Do You Hear What I Hear?, We Three Kings...

6: Christmas tree -- I love the smell of the pine, the beautiful lights and decorative ornaments. I put  little white doves on my tree.

7: Spirit of Love -- This time of year people show more kindness that usual to others; helping at food kitchens, donating toys to needy children, donating clothes and food, giving gifts to each other.

8: Turkey dinner -- With all the fixin's!

9: Poinsettias -- The red leaves are breathtaking! I see God's amazing handiwork in these lovely plants!

10: Children -- Their joy and excitement thrills my heart.

One more:

11: Wrapping gifts -- I love to create beautiful packages for my loved ones with pretty paper, ribbons and bows.

What do you love about Christmas?
 

4 comments:

Belle said...

There is so much to love about Christmas. I love the excitement of Christmas Eve; the family sits around visiting, each with a hot drink and we open one present. I love pumpkin pie and turkey gravy.

Luana said...

Belle: Thanks for sharing. I think I enjoy Christmas Eve more than Christmas day because of the anticipation and reflecting on the birth of Jesus that Holy Night.

Craig Edwards said...

All the things you said - and cool blog posts about Christmas from my pals.

Luana said...

Craig: So true. It's a lot of fun reading Christmas blog posts...and getting Christmas news from my friends on FB and Twitter. Happy Holy Days!