Sunday, April 01, 2007

Therapy

SHRINK:
I will now say a word and I want you to say the first word that comes to your mind. Ready?

PATIENT: I think so.

SHRINK: "Word."

PATIENT: Okay, go ahead.

SHRINK: I already did. "Word."

PATIENT: I'm waiting.

SHRINK: The word is "Word."

PATIENT: You just said that. I don't have all day.

SHRINK: "WORD"! "WORD"!

PATIENT: I'm not deaf. Just give me the word and we can get started.

SHRINK: You're impossible!

PATIENT: That's two words.

SHRINK: I've had it!

PATIENT: Three words. I thought you said it was going to be one word?

SHRINK: SESSION OVER!

PATIENT: Back to two words. Make up your mind.

SHRINK: OUT!

PATIENT: "In."

SHRINK: GO!

PATIENT: "Stop."

SHRINK: LEAVE!

PATIENT: "Stay."

SHRINK: DIE!

PATIENT: Which one? "Dye" as in color or "die" as in dead?

(SHRINK runs out the door screaming)

PATIENT: That's five therapists in as many weeks. Must be something in the water.

No comments: