Tuesday, September 08, 2009

The Rachel Incident

Yesterday A. H. and I were having coffee at the local Starbucks and ordered the grande iced vanilla latte as usual. If you're a Starbucks regular, you know that the server asks your name and writes it on your cup when he/she takes your order.

Because my name is so difficult for people to spell and pronounce, I decided to use a fake name. Out of the blue, I picked Rachel and he wrote it on the cup. While we were waiting for our orders, I recalled that last week I had taken a facebook quiz "Which Friends Character Are You?" The result was "Rachel."

Anyway, a few hours later, A.H. and I were at Penny's shopping and after trying clothes on and deciding what to buy, we went to the counter with our items. The young lady who worked at the counter kept looking at me strangely and asked if we had met before. I said, No, I don't think so. She said that I looked like her friend and she wondered if I was her friend's mother. I said, no, my adult children don't live here...one is in California and the other is in Washington. Curious, I asked her what her freind's name was. She said, "Rachel."

A.H. and I looked at each other in total shock. What are the odds? A million to one. As we walked away, A.H. hummed the "Twilight Zone" theme. Doo doo doo doo. . . doo doo doo doo. . .

No comments: