Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Picture This!


I'm chasing down my dream. Finally signed up for a digital photography class this fall! I've been wanting to do this for years but it never seemed to fit my schedule...until now.

A little history: In high school I fantasized about being a photographer for National Geographic. My parents had subscribed to that magazine for years; in fact, my dad still has every single issue from 1970 to 1975.  I dreamed I would travel the world with my camera and live a glamorous, adventurous life. But God had other plans and I got married, had two kids, and got a Master's in psychology. Go figure.

Anyway, I continued to pursue photography as a hobby. I'm the family picuture-taker and capture precious family moments on film (until we went digital, that is). But I also photograph what I call "art" shots. I walk around and find something interesting to shoot. What can I say? It's who I am. It's what I do.


I took this photo of the side of building downtown where I work.
The open window at the top tells a story.
I love the contrasting textures of the wall.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I've dabbled in photography for years and always wondered what it would be like to get serious about it. Good for you to sign up for a class. Have fun!

Luana Krause said...

Thanks, Jenny. I did take a photography class in high school and in my senior year I sent for a college catalog to Brooks College of Design in Los Angeles. I knew we could never afford it, but I loved day dreaming about it.