Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday Tunes: The Times They Are A-Changin'

I didn't become a serious listener to Bob Dylan until hubby introduced me to his music in 1975 when I was 18. Before that I'd only heard "Blowin' in the Wind" on the radio. I like his folk period best. and this album is my favorite -- just Dylan, acoustic guitar and harmonica. He is a natural story-teller and his songs are poems set to music. Even now when I listen to this album, I am transported to another place and time.

2 comments:

Craig Edwards said...

My brother played this for me at roughly the same time you first heard it. Even at that age I could appreciate the music, and how my brother appreciated it. I still like Dylan immensely, even if he does appear to be auditioning as a James Bond villain with his slightly diabolical appearance these days!

Luana Krause said...

I mostly enjoy his early music, but Tangled Up in Blue was awesome. I understand how difficult it is for a singer to grow in their craft. Fans only want to hear the old songs, but the singer wants to try new things. He played here in Wyoming a few times recently. I'm glad he's still making music.