Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pursonal Shopping

It's time to buy a new purse, aka Handbag, Tote, European Carry All, or whatever. So what am I looking for?

Not This



Something large, but not enormous. Something stylish, but not prissy.
Something colorful, but not garish.

Too Scarlet O'Hara



Too Jack Sparrow






Too Samsonite Luggage



Too Cindy Lauper


Too Margaret Thatcher


So what features do I need? A front pouch for my keys. Separated compartments so I can quickly find what I need without digging through a pile of rubble. Dual purpose straps that I can carry in my hand or slip over my shoulder.


You might be wondering what I keep in my purse. Glad you asked:

Cell phone
Pens
Gum
Wallet
Business cards
Tweezers
Nail clippers
Nail file
Lipstick
Mirror
Band-Aids
Keys

I also want a purse that can hold my new Kindle Fire and a small sketch book and pencil case so I can sketch or draw at the drop of a hat.

Well, that's about it. Wish me luck. The great purse search begins!

6 comments:

E. Miller said...

Good luck! :-)

Luana Krause said...

Elizabeth: Thanks! I'll post a photo when I find what I seek.

Belle said...

Finding the right purse is not easy. Good luck!

Craig Edwards said...

Good luck - I've never been fortunate in any of my PurseQuests. My wife likes Brahmin - too bad we can't afford to even smell one, let alone own it. I did scrape up enough to get her a Coach bag for our 10th wedding anniversary - she seems to like that one just fine.

Luana Krause said...

Belle: Thanks! Purse shopping is fun so long as you know what you're looking for.

Luana Krause said...

Craig: That's sweet that you bought your wife a purse. I'm way too picky about clothes and accessories. But Hubby buys me jewelry and that is nice.