Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Changes


1) New hair color and cut. I love it because I can style it different ways and it's CUTE! I had no idea that my hair was dragging me down, both emotionally and spiritually. And I wouldn't have realized it if I hadn't taken the step to change.

2) New job possibility. I've been an administrative assistant for a couple of years. I enjoy my work and the people I work with, but I really miss a job where I get to write and be creative. Looks like Divine Intervention is at work and I have an opportunity to help write and develop our company's new e-newsletter.

3) New household situation. Our daughter and granddaughter have moved in with us. They will be here for several months because of personal reasons. Hubby and I are so glad they are here and that we are able to help them as they forge a new direction in their lives.

4) New phone. Our family has a new phone plan. I've graduated from a BlackBerry Curve to a HTC Evo 4G (Android!) YIKES! It will take some getting used to. The most difficult part of the change has been adapting to the touch screen. I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep this phone or change to something else.

5) Life Assessment. I have no idea what direction my life is taking right now. All I can do at this point is take one day at a time and see what happens. I feel like I'm at a crossroads and I must choose a path but I don't know which one. One path leads me to pursue my writing more seriously. Another path sends me to a paralegal certificate. Yet another goes down the road of website design and photography. There are other paths that lead to barista, baker and artist. Or do I pursue my lifelong dream of filmmaking? (Yeah, right.) So which path do I take? Or is there something else completely different?

No comments: