Saturday, April 14, 2012

M is for Mary Richards




Welcome to the A to Z Blogging Challenge where I will post on a word
featuring a different letter of the alphabet each day of the month of April.
My theme for this challenge is Female TV Characters.



Mary Richards - "The Mary Tyler Moore Show"

THE STORY: Mary Richards is an associate producer at a TV station in Minneapolis. She's a beautiful single woman with a nice apartment, lots of friends and an active social life. She pretty much has it made in the shade.


UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL: It may appear that Mary has everything going for her but she does have issues. She can't say "no" and gets taken advantage of by more assertive personalities. She stutters when she gets flustered, and she has trouble making decisions when under pressure. With so many problems how in the world does she cope?


Say something nice about one of your coworkers.

8 comments:

Heather M. Gardner said...

Wow. She looks so young. I only saw this show in syndication but some of it was hilarious.
Nice post!
Heather

Luana Krause said...

Heather: She does look young. Even younger when she was on the Dick Van Dyke Show. Mary is not only beautiful but very funny, too.

Luana Krause said...

Something nice about one of my coworkers: Jackie has a great sense of humor and loves mysteries and romance.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I remember the show - our family watched it all the time.

Craig Edwards said...

She was adorable on this show. She had spunk. I hate spunk.

Luana Krause said...

Alex: It was hilarious. I think it got better and better each season. Three spinoffs: Rhoda, Phyllis and Lou Grant.

Luana Krause said...

Craig: LOL! Great line!

Patricia Stoltey said...

I never missed Lucy when I Love Lucy was on the air, and the same for Mary Tyler Moore's show. My addiction to television started early, but I don't watch sitcoms much anymore. I'm more into reality shows and cop shows now.